Farm Manager - Ukraine - L088
An exciting opportunity for a Farm Manager has become available for a large scale, continuously expanding arable operation in the Ukraine.
The business has a diverse portfolio, specialising in cereals and oilseeds, peas and sugar beet. Achieving high yields in a fertile region under the GlobalGap certification, our client is seeking a candidate who will set and achieve high standards.
This is a genuine career opportunity, not just a job, with the opportunity to step further up the management ladder.
- To manage the day-to-day operations of approximately 1,500-2,000 ha under the supervision of the Farm Operations Manager, this will comprise of all growing, drying and storage matters on the site.
- To develop innovative approaches and techniques to continually advance new and best practice.
- To manage the sourcing, selection and maintenance of all inputs - machinery, equipment, seed, fertilisers, etc.
- To lead the operations team (15-30 people) in planning and implementing crop rotations, field schedules, harvest activities, drivers and agronomists.
- The ideal candidate will probably have at least a couple of years of relevant experience post-graduation.
- A highly ambitious and passionate character who thrives on challenges.
- In return for training, ongoing support and opportunity the ideal candidate will be seeking to progress their career through the company rather than be "just passing though".
- Ideally, a Degree in Agriculture or Agronomy.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage staff.
- Excellent IT skills
- Willingness to learn the local language.
Remuneration: The excellent benefits package includes a competitive salary, housing expenses and a company car, as well as an appropriate leave scheme to the home country.
Interested? Please e-mail your enquiry or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Laura Edwards on DD 01885 485 529/ 07506 297 071 for a completely confidential discussion or for more information.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and no details are distributed to third parties without your prior agreement.
Please note that this is an advertisement and not a job description.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office, complying with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
This job has now closed