Register with us today to receive the latest jobs direct to your inbox. Upload your CV and we will tailor our job matching service to your requirements
Please use the boxes below to search our list of current jobs:
Quality Assurance Manager
Quality assurance managers oversee various activities within their organisation to ensure all processes run properly and standards / procedures are followed effectively. They may be involved with several internal and external stakeholders; sometimes this includes responding to customer issues. Quality assurance managers should be able to find the root of a problem and solve it in a timely manner. They need to develop action plans and provide follow through to ensure product quality. They should constantly search for ways to improve processes and train other staff members on best practices for better efficiency. A quality assurance manager is an important leadership role that focuses on strategy, policy, and testing for regulatory compliance. They should have a good understanding of their company's industry, and have respectable supervisory and time-management skills.
Quality Assurance Manager Duties
- Coordinate and assist with external audits relating to quality
- Review any quality loss causes
- Set and maintain corporate quality requirements
- Possess knowledge regarding federal and state regulations for the industry of relevance
- Implement quality management systems for the continuous compliance of quality standards
- Complete check sheets and write reports on any non-compliance issues, noting the corrective action taken
- Oversee quality control activities for both raw materials and the completed product
- Set goals and priorities for quality team
- Lead investigations for customer complaints or other quality concerns
- Drive effective problem solving within department and work to improve processes
- Oversee training program to ensure compliance requirements are met
- Engaged in daily operations to understand possible new developments that could improve work flow, inspection standards, etc.
- Agricultural construction companies
- Seed / chemical production companies
- Food production companies
- Animal production companies
Required Education and Training
Quality assurance managers should have a bachelor's degree in a field related to their industry, such as agricultural business, animal science, or food science. In addition, it can be beneficial to have experience in manufacturing and assembly.
Key Skills and Qualities
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional at problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to plan and implement processes
- Possess strong leadership qualities
The average salary of a quality assurance manager is £35,000. This can range anywhere from £25,000 to £60,000, depending on experience level and industry. Those in auditing and regulatory compliance will likely be in the higher range.