Head of National Dairy Project - SG044
Do you want to drive the development and strategy of a Great Britain wide initiative that could make a significant positive change to the GB Dairy Farming Sector?
De Lacy Executive have been retained to recruit a unique person to lead and deliver an innovative program. You will be working for a renowned organisation who are focussed on improving efficiency and productivity up and down the dairy supply chain.
You will head the development and co-ordination of a program that will pull together several specialy chosen dairy farms that are matched to specific dairy production systems. Utilising your internal team as well as industry stakeholders, you will ensure information , results and best practice are communicated to farmers and others in the Dairy supply chain.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and delivery of a programme of Strategic Dairy Farms across GB and coordinate with wider Knowledge Transfer activity in the organisation
- You will report on this initiative to the Board, and the Knowledge Transfer Director
- Work with the Chief Technical Officer, Functional Directors and R&D to ensure the objectives of this initiative are met.
- Evaluate the performance of the Strategic Dairy Farms to ensure continuous improvement
- Act as the key contact for Dairy Technical engagement for major dairy stakeholder businesses at senior level
- Work with the Director and others within the industry to secure external funding for expansion of the project
- Develop marketing and promotional activities to ensure that information gained from the project is communicated accurately across the sector
- Work with the whole organisation as well as Defra, Welsh Government and Scottish Government to raise awareness and build support for the programs
- Contribute strategic input to the Sector and organisation plan
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Respected and recognised across the UK dairy industry as a significant technical and industry expert
- Extensive experience of the dairy industry and its stakeholder organisations
- Proven track record of delivering Knowledge Transfer activity at a national level
- Experience of managing a national network of farm level projects
- Extensive experience of managing significant budgets to high levels of governance
- Experience of working with government agencies and commercial organisations to develop business opportunities.
- Proven technical knowledge across the key aspects of the industry
- Experienced manager with proven track record of building a strong team spirit
- Results driven manager with experience of setting and managing stretching operational targets
- Relevant degree or qualification in agricultural or related discipline
- A skilled communicator with extensive experience of writing and presenting to high levels of industry status
A competitive package that reflects this senior position is on offer for the right candidate and includes salary and other benefits.
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Stuart goodinson on: Office 01885 483440 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.
Contact our consultant:
- Stuart Goodinson
Telephone: 01885 485523
Office: 01885 483440
Mobile: 07487 259401