Feed Supply Manager - SG019
De Lacy Executive's client is one the largest processor of meat in the UK, with over 350 partnership farmers, mainly in East Anglia. They are a totally integrated company and proud of their "farm to fork" approach. The Agricultural team based in Suffolk is made up of our team of vets, fields staff, technical and support staff working together to ensure that the supply chain from beginning to end operates within the highest standards of welfare, quality and efficiency.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Feed Supply Manager to join the Technical team based in Suffolk and reporting to the Technical Manager. The overall purpose of this role is to ensure and oversee complete optimisation of feed raw material procurement and / or manufacture, and its delivery for the company.
Key Responsibilities & Main Tasks:
- Management of all aspects of the feed supply chain
- Lead contact with current suppliers of feed
- Management of raw material books, and raw material purchasing and reconciliations
- Lead contact with current suppliers of raw materials (including organic) and management of pricing agreements
- Completion of mill audits and any follow up action
- Waitrose Livestock Steering Group Responsible Raw Material Sourcing Project Coordinator
The successful candidate will also:
- Develop close working relationships with animal feed and raw material suppliers
- Drive feed and raw material initiatives within the business and the wider supply group
- Feedback feed initiatives and points of difference on an on-going basis
- Develop relationships with industry bodies to ensure that we are involved in / close to relevant industry projects in the UK or even worldwide
- Keep abreast of developments in the sector and animal feed industry both technically and commercially
- Make recommendations on projects / trials that could drive our supply chain forward.
- Develop a positive close working relationship with relevant company and customer-based stakeholders
- Develop a close working relationship with all other existing producers and suppliers
- Fully understand the nature of the supply chain
- Co-ordinate the compilation of monthly data or provide as required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of the animal production and animal feed sector
- Knowledge of raw material procurement
- Experience in working with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft packages
- Attention to detail
- Educate to degree level or equivalent
A competitive salary reflects this exciting position.
To apply for this exciting career opportunity please e-mail your CV firstname.lastname@example.org and for more information please call Stuart Goodinson on 01885 483440.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and none of your details will be passed to third parties without your prior approval.
Contact our consultant:
- Stuart Goodinson
Telephone: 01885 485523
Office: 01885 483440
Mobile: 07487 259401 (8am-8pm)