Veterinary Senior Manager - Midlands - SG007
De Lacy Executive is seeking a Senior Veterinary Manager in the midlands to manage an established technical team relating to health, welfare and product safety within the Pig farming sector and to provide strategic leadership for technical topics.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Lead and provide veterinary technical support to a portfolio of projects.
- Write and deliver key research findings and technical information.
- Take the lead on actions relating to disease outbreaks and disease notifications and be a key point of contact for governing bodies.
- Attending, organising and speaking at appropriate conferences and supporting relevant committees.
- Develop/manage relationships with key commercial companies such as pharmaceuticals, feed companies, and veterinary practices.
- Line management/mentoring responsibility where appropriate to the team
Key Applicant Attributes:
- Veterinary degree / postgraduate degree or similar qualification and training in agriculture or related discipline.
- Relevent experience in the pig industry / pig husbandry skills.
- Ability to liaise effectively at all levels.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
- People management experience - desirable but not essential.
- IT literate.
- Valid UK driving license.
This is an office based role in the midlands, however there may be a requirement for travel to industry meetings.
Remuneration: A competitive salary with benefits is offered to the right candidate.
The Next Step: Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. Please e-mail your enquiry or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Stuart Goodinson on +44 (0) 1885 485523 / +44 (0) 1885 483440 for more information. Thank you.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. Any details you provide will be securely retained and will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive operates within the international food supply chain and agri-business sector.
Contact our consultant:
- Stuart Goodinson
Telephone: 01885 485523
Office: 01885 483440
Mobile: 07487 259401 (8am-8pm)