Graduate Land Officer - Norfolk - S300
Due to our client's continued growth, De Lacy Executive is actively seeking a Liaison Officer with experience in agriculture to join their growing team in Norfolk. Our client is a specialist provider of professional advice to a wide range of clients. The company are fast paced, proactive and innovative and offer a friendly and modern working environment. They are looking for individuals who can help drive the company forward and offer excellent career opportunities for ambitious and highly motivated individuals.
Summary of role: The successful applicant will be assisting Rural Surveyors on a wide range of agricultural projects and land related activities, and will quickly be given responsibility for their own projects and assignments. Applicants need to be confident, have good communication skills, attention to detail and good agricultural knowledge. The candidate must have their own car as the role involves a lot of time out on site visiting clients, land owners and farmers, whilst maintaining a flexible base from the office in Norfolk. A willingness to travel is essential.
Day to day duties:
- Involvement in the day-to-day running of utility projects as instructed by clients with the purpose of agreeing access onto public/private land.
- Site visits to reference different utility schemes (including renewables, water, gas, electricity & telecoms) and subsequent preparation of Schedules of Interest.
- Correspondence with land agents, property owners, solicitors, local authorities etc.
- The preparation of Notices and other formalities for entry on to private land.
- Comprehensive research into land sales to assist with both land & property valuations.
- Meetings on site prior to works commencing in order to agree access for works to be undertaken.
- Negotiation of compensation claims including site visits.
- Assisting in providing regular client update reports and attending scheme progress meetings as required.
- Working with AutoCad mapping systems, including the preparation of Notice plans, access plans and Schedules of Works.
- Sound agricultural knowledge, ideally with an agricultural degree and familiarity with practical farming and farm management matters.
- Excellent communication skills and credibility with farmers and landowners.
- Up to date IT skills
- Organised and able to manage a busy work load.
- Able to manage projects.
- Team player
- Willingness to undertake training and take on new tasks as required.
- Problem solver
- Personable and professional
Salary: Competitive salary package with on-going career development.
Interested to apply or to know more? Please call Sarah Milburn on 01885 485 527 or email: email@example.com.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. None of your details will be passed to a third party without your prior permission. This is not a job description. Please ensure you obtain full information about the job from De Lacy Executive and at interview with the employer. De Lacy Executive is an approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice. Registered with the Information Commissioners Office the company complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
Contact our consultant:
- Sarah Milburn
Telephone: 01885 485527
Office: 01885 483440
Mobile: 07875 197231