Barley Breeding Research Specialist - Lincolnshire - S276
De Lacy Executive has been retained to recruit a Barley Breeding Research Specialist to be based in Lincolnshire. The successful candidate will assist in the operational implementation of the Barley Programme within the Cereals Research team for the UK and European markets. You will work closely with the Senior Breeder of the program and will be trained as a plant breeder.
Responsibilities: The main responsibility will be linked to operational aspects of the breeding program:
- Organize and implement the working aspects of the breeding project: seed preparation, sowing, pollination, scoring, sampling for genotyping, harvesting, counter-season nurseries.
- Manage the Breeding Operational System, design nursery and field trials, input and analyse data results and interpret results for decision making.
- Manage assessment of lines, visit and scores trials and nurseries, collect and develop robust knowledge of the germplasm.
- Collaborate closely with other colleagues, including Marker Assisted Breeding Project Leader, to implementation of new breeding.
- Train as a plant breeder, contribute to the breeding strategy and assist the Senior Breeder in making breeding decisions.
- In the context of the global field seed research organization you will be in close contact with the wider scientific community.
- A PhD or MSc Degree in plant science, agriculture or other relevant subject with a strong understanding of genetics
- Knowledge of breeding barley, wheat or another agricultural crop would be an advantage.
- Experience of working in a plant breeding project.
- The aptitude to demonstrate a sound knowledge of molecular breeding technology and good analytical ability.
- A well-organized communicator, with good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in data handling and conducting complex analyses.
The Benefits Package:
- An attractive package is offered to include competitive salary which will reflect the performance of the individual.
Are you interested? For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Sarah Milburn on: Office 01885 483440, DDI 01885 485527, Mobile 07875197231 or e-mail your CV and covering letter (preferably in Word please) to email@example.com Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office, complying with the requirements of the Data Protection Act. www.delacyexecutive.co.uk
Contact our consultant:
- Sarah Milburn
Telephone: 01885 485527
Office: 01885 483440
Mobile: 07875 197231