Experienced Farm Trader - Central - S273
We are looking for an experienced Farm Trader to promote, manage and develop business, products and services in the central region of the UK. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's largest grain marketing companies with a fantastic support network and the opportunity to keep developing an area that is key to grain procurement within the UK.
- To buy Grain, Oilseeds and Pulses from farmer customers both established and new.
- To negotiate sales and purchase contracts within the price range and terms established by grain traders and the company.
- To plan and manage work time to maximise contact with existing and potential customers.
- To manage the Credit Ledger for own sales area/customer base including collection of overdue debts.
- To use business information and technical knowledge to maximise the potential of each customer.
- To sell seed, fertilisers and other inputs and services to farmer customers both established and new.
- To coordinate the sampling and testing of commodities for purchase.
- To keep up to date with competitor activity and information and report on as appropriate.
- To prepare and agree an annual business plan for each crop year.
- To attend all relevant internal/external and customer meetings.
- Demonstrated commercial awareness.
- Ability to build and develop business relationships.
- Good levels of literacy and numeracy.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Good attention to detail.
- Intermediate Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ideally experience of working in an arable farm sales environment.
- BASIS or FACTS qualified, would be advantageous.
- Likely to be educated to degree level, but not a prerequisite depending on experience.
- Flexible approach to work and managing changing priorities.
- An effective team player.
Extremely competitive salary will commensurate with experience and relevant qualifications.
Interested to apply or to know more? Please call Sarah Milburn on 01885 485 527 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. Any details you provide will be securely retained and will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive is the recruitment specialist in the Agri-Business, Agri-Food and Land-based Business Sectors. It was established in 2000. The team of consultants consists of experienced practical and supply trade agriculturalists who have developed a recruitment practice based on high ethical standards. De Lacy Executive is the only agricultural recruitment consultancy approved as a member of the Recruitment and Employment.
Contact our consultant:
- Sarah Milburn
Telephone: 01885 485527
Office: 01885 483440
Mobile: 07875 197231