Breeding Trial & Seed Production Technician - East Anglia - S272
De Lacy Executive is looking to recruit a Breeding Trial and Seed Production Technician in East Anglia for a progressive and dynamic company. This role is on offer due to continuing expansion of variety selection work, working within the R&D team. The job will involve assisting with the day-to-day running of specialist, cereal breeding field trials, ear selection rows and early generation cereal seed multiplication. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience of field trials and/or seed multiplication, have good competence with MS Office and be capable of supervising other staff at key periods in the season. This is a varied and expanding role, offering an opportunity for career development within a progressive and dynamic company. The role will offer training, an attractive remuneration package and further career development opportunities within one of the UK's leading arable technology provider.
- To assist the winter wheat breeder by being responsible for the day to day running of the winter wheat Ear Row nursery.
- To assist the Trials Manager (Seed) in the day-to-day running of breeder and official variety field trials on cereals and oilseeds.
- To supervise the early generation seed production work in conjunction with the Trials Managers and Seed Teams.
- The role will involve working closely alongside the Trials Manager, Wheat Breeder and other staff.
- Supervision of both permanent and seasonal temporary staff will be necessary.
- Ear Row Nursery - in close co-operation with the Wheat Breeder
- Co-ordination of seed preparation
- Co-ordination and supervision of nursery harvest
- Day to Day Running of Breeder and Official trials
- Ordering and co-ordination of seed stocks in preparation for drilling
- Co-ordination, preparation and despatch of all trial seed for entries into RL and NL trials
- Early Generation Seed Production
Qualifications & Skills/Experience Required:
- Experience of field trials and/or seed multiplication.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work flexibly and accurately to tight timescales.
- Excellent analytical skills with a high attention to detail / accuracy.
- Proficient using MS Office packages.
Competitive package with benefits available for the right candidate.
To apply: Please e-mail your CV and covering letter (in Word or RTF format please, not PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please call: Sarah Milburn on Office: 01885 483440, DDI: 01885 485527, Mobile: 07875 197 231.
Please be assured that all calls are treated in complete confidence. Thank you. De Lacy Executive is the agricultural recruitment specialist in the Agri-Business and Land-based Business Sectors and was established in 2000. We are experienced practical and supply trade agriculturalists who have developed an agricultural recruitment practice based on high ethical standards - we are approved members of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which oversees the UK's recruitment industry (REC Membership Number: 00082047). Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview Registered with and complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act. www.delacyexecutive.co.uk.
Contact our consultant:
- Sarah Milburn
Telephone: 01885 485527
Office: 01885 483440
Mobile: 07875 197231