Farm Saved Seed Officer - Norfolk/Cambridgeshire - S262
De Lacy Executive has been retained to recruit a Farm Saved Seed Officer for a plant breeding representative body. The successful candidate will assist across the auditing, investigation and enforcement programme, with an emphasis on farm saved seed. This includes identifying, investigating and resolving discrepancies in farmers' declarations of farm saved seed use, together with related enforcement action, auditing, farmer liaison and support, collections, administration and communications.
- To investigate and resolve discrepancies in farmers' declarations of farm saved seed use for combinable crops and potatoes, contacting farmers, identifying and recording the findings and taking appropriate remedial action.
- To work with the administrator to verify farmers' declarations of farm saved seed and provide farmer telephone support.
- To audit farm saved seed declarations for potato varieties where breeders' terms and conditions of sale allow and carry out special audits including on farm, and risk-based audits of old and expired varieties.
- To analyse internal collections data and use this alongside external data sources, intelligence and agricultural knowledge to identify areas of possible non-compliance in farm saved seed declaration and payment, then working as part of the team, to devise and implement targeted enforcement activities.
- To report to the seed certification authorities as appropriate, any instances of illegal trading and/or noncompliance in seed regulations and follow up. To liaise with breeders to recover royalty from instances of illegally traded seed or from grain sown as seed. To advise farmers of the legal position in relation to the use of farm saved seed.
- To assist with the combinable crops and potato farm saved seed collections. This includes dealing with phone calls from farmers, taking telephone declarations, opening post, inputting nil declarations to the database and following up queries on declaration forms.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication ability especially on the telephone.
- The ability to communicate and build rapport with farmers and others in the agricultural industry
- Competence in all Microsoft Office applications
- Organisational and time management skills; able to meet deadlines and see a project through to conclusion
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Good team worker with flexible approach to tasks and working hours
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel
- Analytical skills, an interest in data and an enquiring mind
- Presentational skills or willing to train
- Experience in, or knowledge of, the agricultural or seeds industry or a willingness to learn; knowledge of, or experience in, potatoes would be especially useful.
If you would like to discuss this interesting opportunity then please contact Sarah Milburn for a confidential discussion on 01885 485 527 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. None of your details will be passed to a third party without your prior permission. This is not a job description. Please ensure you obtain full information about the job from De Lacy Executive and at interview with the employer. This alert system carries out a broad search for recipients whose details we hold correspond with the requirements of the vacancy. You may, on occasion, receive unsuitable notifications, we apologise for any inconvenience this causes.
Contact our consultant:
- Sarah Milburn
Telephone: 01885 485527
Office: 01885 483440
Mobile: 07875 197231