Barley Breeder - Lincolnshire/Cambridgeshire - S256
De Lacy Executive is looking to recruit a Barley Breeder for a renowned plant breeding business. The role will be responsible for the UK Barley Breeding program with an international perspective and a particular emphasis on malting barley.
Reporting to the Director, the successful candidate will have unprecedented admission to the pre-breeding, R&D projects and services of an incredibly knowledgeable outfit. The work will be located at trial sites across the Eastern region of the country with access to the company's entire infrastructure.
- Responsible for the execution of the entire UK breeding programme
- Trial design, sowing, selection and harvest.
- Maintenance breeding
- Administration of NL-entries and securing small scale multiplications.
- A degree in biological science.
- 3+ years of experience in cereal breeding.
- Prior work in barley is a strong advantage.
- A thorough understanding of quantitative genetics and biostatistics.
- Experience of common breeding software.
- Willing to travel considerably in the UK and Europe.
Remuneration will depend on experience and beneﬁts will include contributory pension scheme, life insurance and a company car.
If you would like to discuss this interesting opportunity then please contact Sarah Milburn for a confidential discussion on 01885 485 527 or email your CV to email@example.com www.delacyexecutive.co.uk Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. None of your details will be passed to a third party without your prior permission. This is not a job description. Please ensure you obtain full information about the job from De Lacy Executive and at interview with the employer.
Contact our consultant:
- Sarah Milburn
Telephone: 01885 485527
Office: 01885 483440
Mobile: 07875 197231