Senior Transport Manager - Midlands - L055
A Senior Transport Manager is required for a striving Agricultural Supply business. The company, based in the midlands, has a diverse product portfolio and is in a period of rapid growth.
The company is seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Manager to improve its haulage efficiencies through the development and implementation of new strategies and joint ventures. Key objectives will include transport efficiency, revenue generation and maximising the return on investment. You must be able to work to a high standard, whilst building effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
This senior position with overall responsibility for operational issues has Directorship potential for the successful candidate.
- Increase haulage efficiencies across the business.
- Establish 'new ventures' to maximise return on investment.
- Ensure systems are in place to consistently achieve high service levels.
- Work closely with other management and departments to ensure operational plans are effectuated.
- Develop strong working relationship with stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Ensure compliance across divisions in Health and Safety goals and objectives.
- Probably educated to degree level or equivalent you will have several years' management experience in a similar role; a current CPC would be preferable.
- Assertiveness, proactivity and diplomacy skills are critical along with the ability to "make things happen".
- Highly skilled at balancing long-term goals with daily operational needs, setting clear priorities that are understood and implemented by your team. You have the drive to find and implement efficiency and customer focused improvements in a decisive and leading manner.
- Strategic thinking with the ability to solve problems and anticipate any potential issues.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- IT Literate.
- Able to organise own workload and manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrable success in a leadership role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Appropriate candidates will be able to demonstrate strong customer focus, strategic and planning skills but with a practical approach. Leadership, development and motivational skills are of particular importance.
The Rewards: An excellent package will be offered which will reflect the seniority of this position.
Interested? Please e-mail your enquiry or CV to email@example.com or phone Laura Edwards on 01885 485 529 for a completely confidential discussion or for more information.
All contact is confidential and none of your details will be passed to an employer without your prior approval.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office, complying with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
Contact our consultants:
- Laura Edwards
Telephone: 01885 485 529
Office: 01885 483 440