Managing Director - Agricultural and Business Portfolio - SG111
As part of its succession planning, a leading agricultural business with diverse interests in mixed arable and pig farming, property, and machinery training services, is seeking an experienced and proactive professional to join as the Managing Director. You will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the business and driving growth across the diverse portfolio.
This is a very well established, financially secure, family business based in the East of England. It has heritage and profile. It has a strong eye on the future and is well supported by its board of directors and family shareholders and lead a team of 40 staff including 3 senior managers.
In this ambitious role, you will be heading up and leading from the front. Using your agricultural experience and commercial acumen you will shape and drive the business forward. You will be well rewarded with a generous package that goes with a position at this level. You will have autonomy and support. You will have the interest of multiple enterprises to get your teeth into, all based in a beautiful part of the UK.
As Managing Director your Key Responsibilities are:
Overall Business Management:
- Develop, manage, and enhance the performance of the business within the agreed mandate.
- Serve as 'the face of the business' and represent the company in various capacities.
- Set, present, and implement a comprehensive business strategy for growth.
- Lead the Management Team in achieving targets, performance goals, and successful delivery.
- Foster a high-performance culture focused on opportunity and growth.
- Up hold the core values held by the family business
- Manage key accounts, including customers, suppliers, consultants, and stakeholders.
Marketing and Market Management
- Oversee and manage crop futures, grain marketing alongside the balancing with feed input and forward contracting.
- Oversee all brand and business marketing activity.
- Ensure Marketing strategies are devised and delivered.
Governance and Compliance:
- Ensure internal governance, compliance, and risk management align with the mandate.
- Oversee staff recruitment, development, training, and HR functions with the support of consultants.
- Manage financial and contractual commitments of the company.
- Report to the Board on business performance and strategic initiatives.
- Report to shareholders at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Manage the Company Secretary to ensure efficient administrative support.
As Managing Director your Main Tasks are:
- Develop corporate strategy and present annual and other business plans for company income and growth.
- Monitor and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) progress against budgets and plans.
- Direct and control company resources to maximise cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
- Promote the company and business externally.
- Represent the company in negotiations with customers, suppliers, and key contacts.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Oversee the preparation of the annual report and accounts, seeking board approval.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Extensive experience and a demonstrable track record in a senior position in a similar or related business.
- A good knowledge of UK agriculture
- Relevant experience in business management especially P&L, balance sheet, people and strategy development
- Ideally, but not essential, a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Agricultural or Business Management or a related subject.
If you are a strategic leader with a passion for agriculture and business, and you have the qualifications and experience to drive success in a diverse and dynamic environment, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.