If your ambition is set at becoming a Managing Director, then read this.
If you are a Sales Team Manager, Business Unit Manager or Commercial Manager who is as comfortable leading your team in a pair of wellies as you are pitching your strategy to the Board, then this could be your next big move.
This new role is for a Deputy Managing Director and it is part of a comprehensive succession planning strategy. You will be part of the senior development team working closely with the CEO and MD of the business. The task of the senior team is to lead and drive the business forwards, developing all aspects of this Agri Supply Chain business. You will develop and drive the sales strategy of the business by working with sales teams, leading, motivating, identifying areas of growth and coordinating efforts.
You will be working for one of the best known and respected supply chain organisations in the UK who are involved in shipping grain to retailing feed and everything in between. They have people focused core values, a 'family feel' and driven determination to continue their profitable growth. This role is based at their HQ in the South of England. You will be well looked after with a good salary, incentive package and other good package elements.
Main parts of the role;
- Drive and develop all business, identify and maximise all opportunities within input sales and grain procurement.
- Interrogate and analyse company sales and market data, spotting opportunities for growth, identifying where there are gaps and opportunities.
- Develop new methods and innovations, generating new business.
- Form commercial activity plans, monitor against targets and review progress.
- Be present on farm, meeting with customers and building relationships.
- Oversee the allocation of sales opportunities, set and review progress with the account managers on a regular basis.
- Report on achievements and progress to the MD and CEO.
- Have excellent product knowledge, researching comparable products within the marketplace and sharing this knowledge.
- Anticipate customers future needs.
- Keep the Company sales information and data up to date and accurate.
You will have;
- Worked within b2b sales within agriculture or another comparable business and have relevant field sales experience.
- Enthusiastic and confident in ability and knowledge.
- Have held a senior managerial role within the agriculture industry or another comparable business.
- Affinity with field sales and generating leads, bringing together information to spot opportunities and deliver profitable growth.
- Able to bring the team together unifying, developing and motivating to form collaborative action plans
- Excellent communicator, able to unite and influence.
- Commercial acumen and sound financial understanding
- Must be proficient with Microsoft and IT, able to interrogate data. Previous experience of Microsoft Dynamics would be an advantage.
- Ability to travel out to company sites and to events as needed.
- Great salary depending on commercial experience
- Sales and profit based incentive
- Company Pension
- Holiday 25 days per year
- Car/Car allowance
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Stuart Goodinson on: Office 01885 483440 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Sorry, this jobs is now closed.