Arable Trials Manager & Agronomist - Southern England - SG084
Do you like the idea of working with one of the Country's best known Agrifood businesses, large enough to be one of the main forces in UK arable, but small enough to have family values and care about you and your career?
You will work closely with arable managers to plan, oversee & conduct trials, deliver agronomy events and carry-out data analysis whilst supporting the running of the department and managing your own portfolio of agronomy clients.
This is a real chance to build on your trials management experience and develop in to a out and out agronomist, with the support of a great team and company.
- Responsible for the management of technical product trial sites for Seed, Fertliser & Crop protection and at their Crop Research Centre
- Select trial sites, liaise with farmers and agronomists, plan out the aims & objectives of individual trials
- Prepare seed and fertilizer and undertake application work, coordinating with contractors and all involved parties.
- Monitor trials sites throughout the growing season including disease/weed population assessments and apply sprays/fertiliser applications.
- Organise trials tours with our Agronomy team and for supplier trials
- Collate trials data and report on findings - producing reports and presenting findings using innovative ways of displaying data for our Agronomy team and technical representatives
- Utilise new technologies wherever possible
- Presentation of technical results to customers and agronomists at technical conferences
- Produce news items and topical material for our website and social media including reports for the R&D section of our website. Monitor social media for latest technical news and liaise with arable managers concerning how best the information can be used
- Maximise the potential for services, agrochemicals, related arable products and fertiliser and seed sales for your portfolio of customers
- Identify and classify new and existing account prospects
- Develop strong customer relationships with both existing and new customers
- Remain current on technical trends and developments within the market so that you can provide excellent and impartial advice to our customers
- Maintain your professional and technical knowledge attending workshops, seminars and events as required and maintain your CPD points
Skills and experience
- Previous agronomist experience
- Trials Management
- BASIS and FACTS
Salary and package;
Good competitive salary, company benefits and the advantages of working for a people focused large and successful business
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Stuart Goodinson on: Office 01885 483440 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.