Seed Analyst in Charge - SG077
This role will put you right bang in the heart of providing the best quality seed, influencing the integrity of one of the best known brands in UK agriculture and help to drive forward the exciting growth plan strategy of this Agrifood supply chain business. You will be working for a highly regarded organisation that considers itself the best resourced Agrifood business in the south of England if not the UK.
As Seed Analyst in Charge you will manage and oversee all seed laboratory operations maintaining the official Seed Testing Station licence of the laboratory in Sussex. The company produces a wide range of seed from specialist bird food seed to broad acre combinable cereal seed.
This job is for those people who love their seed! Who enjoy the detail and processes that goes with quality seed production and who want to work with a close team who also enjoy these things!
Reporting directly to the Grain commercial Manager and Seed Manager, your main responsibilities will be to;
- Analyse seed samples and oversee the official certification of seed enabling the company to process and sell certified seed to its farmer customers
- Responsible for all DEFRA compliance and the licensing
- Carry out statutory and advisory germination and purity testing to ensure we achieve the highest results possible
- Responsible for managing the Seed data base and all statutory reporting
- Carry out the planning of crop inspection work for the company and complete crop inspections for cereals, pulses and herbage
- Maintain records of all over-yeared stocks and carry-out appropriate germination tests
Your day to day would look like;
- Draw production line samples to check that certifications are attainable
- Draw and prepare official samples together with the relevant documentation for testing
- Organise the printing and control of all certified labels for use in the seed plant and all relevant documentation
- Train and manage laboratory staff and other crop inspectors including seasonal staffing.
- Ensure all laboratory equipment is serviced, calibrated and maintained
- Sample and test intake seed for germination purity, moisture and screenings
- Quality control for bird seed raw materials
- Provide seed testing, sampling and crop inspecting for other areas as and when required and as needed by the Company
You and your background;
- Previous experience working in and managing a seed laboratory
- Former role as Seed Analyst in Charge is preferred although the role may suit someone looking to step up into the position
- Relevant seed analyst qualifications in Cereals, Pulses, Brassicas, Grasses for example NIAB qualified
- Licenses Crop Inspector for Cereals, Pulses, Grasses, Pulses and Beans
- License in Seed Sampling
- Demonstrable Cereal seed knowledge
- Strong planning and organising abilities
- Good attention to detail
- IT skills
Salary and Package;
A great salary and benefits package for the right person.
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Stuart Goodinson on: Office 01885 483440 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.