Arable Farm Manager (East Midlands) - SG070
This is an exciting role with the opportunity to have full autonomy of the farms finance, production, and development. The right candidate will show leadership, determination and a passion for progressive farming with the main focus on potato production.
The farm is well equipped and comprises of owned, tenanted and short-term tenancy land for which you will be responsible for the day to day activity, cropping production, rotation and budgeting.
- Lead and organise a full-time staff of 4 plus harvest casuals and occasional agency staff
- Production of the highest quality yield at the optimum cost of production (maintaining the farms standards through all aspects)
- Maintaining and developing the farms relationships with all suppliers and the rural community
- Preparation of annual farm planning and budgeting
- The Purchasing of all seed, fertiliser and sprays
- Ensuring the farm is implementing all conservation and environmental standards.
- The ideal person will be around 3 years post grad/mid-career and have farm management and agronomy experience with BASIS and FACTS
- Experience in potato production is essential
- Organised with strong communication skills
- Ability to seek out new business development and progression for the farm
- Experience with machinery maintenance
A competitive salary, dependent on experience, car and other benefits are available for the right people.
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Stuart Goodinson on: Office 01885 483440 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing ac-tivities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is regis-tered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.