Vineyards Operations Director - UK - SG062
This is the chance for you to join one of the most interesting and ambitious businesses in the UK wine producing sector.
Our client's strategy will deliver production of over 3,000,000 bottles of wine by 2021. This growth plan involves land acquisition, new planting and enhanced production from existing vineyards. This business will adopt all new relevant technology and shared best optimal practices from all methods of production, including biodynamic, organic and conventional growing. You will be driving this strategy forward.
The current executive team in the UK now needs a leader of the vineyards to manage this strong and exciting growth phase in their vineyard operations.
This role is ideal for someone who has the right mix of leadership, passion, energy and experience. The ideal candidate will have extensive vineyard management experience at a senior level, successfully operating across multiple sites and varieties of crops.
- Manage the planning, setup and maintenance of vineyard's operations
- Manage the planting and maintenance of all vineyards, using the latest technology, automation and other techniques to maximise the yields from the vines
- Maintain the data of grape production, crop estimates, vine maintenance and all other information
- Develop a future grape supply strategy in line with the UK business plan
- Work closely with growers, winemakers, and consultants to achieve high quality grape supply, and a balanced inventory
- Responsible for selecting and managing sub-contracted seasonal labour for hand work, equipment operations, pest control, and harvest
- Manage and organise the harvest in conjunction with the winemaking teams on order to achieve winemaking goals for each annual production plan
- Lead the Vineyard Operations team
- Recruit new staff and manage the team growth
- Ensure compliance to the highest quality and regulatory standards for each vineyard operation
- Manage the running and maintenance of all vineyard assets
- Establish vineyard procedures and train staff in the implementation of new procedures
- Assist in the analysis of potential further farm acquisitions to increase our estate to 3,000 acres or more
- Extensive experience in Vineyard and Wine production operations
- Degree in Viticulture or equivalent in a relevant subject area
- Experienced vineyard senior manager or Director with track record of delivering high yield, multi-site vineyard operations
- Business, people and budget management skills
- Clear leadership skills with track record of managing multiple sites and cross functional teams
- Ability to use Office 365, MS office including Excel, Word and Power Point
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
A highly competitive package that reflects this senior position is on offer for the right candidate and includes salary, bonus and car and other benefits.
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Stuart goodinson on: Office 01885 483440 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.
This job has now closed