Winemaker & Distiller - SG060
Our client is a beautiful, well established and successful wine estate on one of the Channel Islands. It produces quality wine, distilled drinks as well as a wide range of other artesian products.
Due to a strategic and structural change in the business we are looking to recruit a Winemaker who would also operate as a distiller.
This is a unique and interesting role. The Winemaker's role is to ensure quality wine, cider and spirit production through the efficient execution of cellar, vineyard, and orchard operations under the direction of the Operations Manager.
- Active involvement in the execution of cellar and distillery operations
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures to process fruit during Harvest for Cider and Wine production are adhered to
- Production of Still and Sparkling wine and Cider from fermentation to bottled finished product
- Deliver accurate, legible, and timely record keeping processes
- Cellar operations management
- Overseeing Vineyard and orchard management to produce annual Apple and Grape crop
- Offer real time guidance and support to Seasonal and Harvest staff
- Assist with workplace induction and training as required
- Foster teamwork, trust and collaboration
- Maintain winery and cellar hygiene to a high standard
- Distilling operations to include, Apple Brandy, Gin and Fruit Liqueur production
- Be an experienced and accomplished winemaker
- Hold a Degree in Oenology/ Winemaking
- Have a Clean drivers licence
- Have Cellar experience (at least two Vintages)
- Distilling Experience (not essential)
- Counterbalance/Lift truck ,Forklift training Certificate
- Have attention to detail and able to accurately perform operations
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment
Salary and benefits are negotiable according to experience and personal circumstances. You will be able to benefit from all the advantages of living on these low-income tax and beautiful islands. There may be assistance with accommodation where appropriate.
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Stuart Goodinson on: Office 01885 483440 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.
This job has now closed