Fruit & Vine Manager- Monmouth - SG059
Our award-winning client has expanded their operation very successfully over recent years and is ready to expand its team. They are looking to recruit an experienced operator and manager who has worked in the fruit, hops or vine sector.
Reporting to the General Manager and working with the winemaker. You will plan and complete a range of vineyard management tasks as well as oversee the planting and care of vines and soil. This estate has over 30acs of fully certified Biodynamic & Organic vines.
We are looking for someone who has operating and/or management experience of working in and running top fruit, soft fruit, hops or vines, including, spraying, harvesting, pruning etc. Vine experience is not critical as many of the skills from fruit can be transferred to vines.
- Management of growth, production and planting in existing and new vineyards
- Close Liaison with Head winemaker and General manager to ensure grapes are produced of the right type and quality to match desired wine output
- Canopy management
- Inter-row cultivation
- Biodynamic preparations
You will have;
- Experience in operations in the fruit and hops or vines sector
- Organisational, logistical and people management skills
- Biodynamic and/or Organic farming experience would be good not essential
- Extensive knowledge of fungal disease control which could include the non-use of chemicals
- Excellent administration skills (eg Spraying records)
- A can-do attitude and a keenness to be involved in all aspects and job functions on the estate
- Tractor Driving certification, Spraying certification, Forklift Truck certification
Salary and benefits are negotiable according to experience and personal circumstances. A cottage may also be available for the right person.
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Stuart Goodinson on: Office 01885 483440 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.