Winery Operations Manager - SG058
Our client is a renowned and highly regarded vineyard and winery, producing the highest quality sparkling wine. Based on the Californian Boutique Winery model, it has already established itself as a leading player in this UK sector. It is based in spectacular countryside in the South of England within an hour of London.
The business has a clear strategy and growth plan. It is now at the stage where it needs to strengthen its team to allow further delegation of responsibilities. The business plans to build its team with the creation of a new position of Winery Operations Manager.
This role is to keep everything in the winery functioning smoothly and to be able to undertake all operations required in the winery, as well as at times supporting operations in the vineyard. You will be responsible for the day-to-day activities in the winery under the direction of the winemaker and business owners.
- Oversee and undertake all key winery processes together with the winery team.
- Oversee the running and maintenance of equipment and facilities, for both the vineyard and winery, in conjunction with the Vineyard Manager and Winemaker.
- Engage with the senior management team and contribute technical direction.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement, teamwork and to the broad achievement of business objectives.
- Ensure safe working practices are documented and followed for all vineyard and winery equipment and processes as well as ensuring high standards of quality control throughout the winemaking process.
- At least 4 years experience of winery operations
- Proven business process management skills and technical aptitude
- Strong operational skills, with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Applicants must be hard-working and flexible as working hours and tasks are variable according to times of the year
Salary and benefits are negotiable according to experience and personal circumstances.
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Stuart Goodinson on: Office 01885 483440 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.