Vineyard Manager - SG056
Our client is a renowned and award-winning Biodynamic vineyard and winemaker and is based in spectacular scenery in the West England and Welsh Border area.
Continued growth and expansion will triple production over the next 5 years. The business now needs to strengthen its Management team with the creation of a new position of Vineyard Manager.
Reporting to the General Manager & Head Winemaker. You will plan and complete a range of vineyard management tasks as well as oversee the planting and care of vines and soil. All wines produced are solely from Estate grown fruit and are fully certified Biodynamic & Organic.
- Management of growth, production and planting in existing and new vineyards
- Close Liaison with Head winemaker and General manager to ensure grapes are produced of the right type and quality to match desired wine output
- Canopy management
- Inter-row cultivation
- Biodynamic preparations of tisanes (ideally)
You will have;
- Experience in Viticulture operations of an established Vineyard - UK or elsewhere in the world.
- Degree in Viticulture or equivalent preferable
- Organisational, logistical and people management skills essential
- Biodynamic and/or Organic farming experience would be good not essential
- Extensive knowledge of fungal disease control including the non-use of chemicals
- Excellent administration skills (eg Spraying records)
- A can-do attitude and a keenness to be involved in all aspects and job functions on the estate
- Tractor Driving certification, Spraying certification, Forklift Truck certification
Salary and benefits are negotiable according to experience and personal circumstances. An Estate cottage will be provided as part of the employment package.
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Stuart Goodinson on: Office 01885 483440 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.