Chief Executive - SG047
De Lacy Executive have been retained to recruit a Chief Executive for a well know and well respected agricultural society that is focussed on bringing together farmers, researchers, advisers, teachers and technical members of the agricultural industry in order to deliver a communication forum for profitable and sustainable use of forage.
The role is to lead and direct the activities of the Society and to ensure its overall progression and development. You will be responsible for the administrative and financial management, engaging with stakeholders to ensure high awareness of the Society and that the purpose of the Society is fulfilled.
This is a full-time 'hands-on' position based at the office in NW England.
You will have;
- Relevant experience and expertise within forage production, ideally at a senior level
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to take the initiative and drive work independently, as well as being a good team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience speaking to groups and at conferences, with a commitment to further improving personal skills
- A working understanding of business finances and budgeting
- A can-do attitude, with a willingness to engage in and be involved in all activities to further the interests of the Society
- A passion for grass and forage farming
Main Role Responsibilities;
- Lead the Society to achieve its aims and objectives
- Take responsibility for all Society activities
- Develop and implement a three-year plan for the society
- Manage the administrative and technical team of 2 part time employees
- Oversee the day to day financial activity, including VAT returns, and liaise with the Society's appointed accountant
- Supervise the production of the society publication, website, technical articles, marketing materials, as well as regional and national events
- Oversee management and organisation of technical projects, farmer events and special interest days to ensure a high standard of output
- Represent the society at a stakeholder level and on R&D project committees
- Attend trade shows and conferences to promote the Society
A competitive package that reflects this unique, position is on offer for the right candidate.
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Stuart Goodinson on: Office 01885 483440 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.
This job has now closed