Chief Executive - British Alpaca Society - SG020
The British Alpaca Society has been established for 20 years and grown to over 1500 members. It is now looking for a Chief Executive to drive this society on to its next level.
The Society is now looking for a self-motivated person, who has a knowledge and passion for livestock breeding and farming , who, through their ability in marketing, event organising, and working with Boards can help the society to achieve its objectives of increased membership, strengthened links with Alpaca farming in US, Australia & mainland Europe, greater engagement with the UK Government, optimised links with industry stake holders as well as improving knowledge in this fascinating farming sector. The interest and participation of farming Alpaca has grown significantly and now enjoys 3 revenue streams, Blood Stock supply, Fibre harvesting and more recently Alpaca Trekking, the society wishes to continue to support these as well as increase membership value and find new income opportunities.
The successful candidate will run the society, reporting directly to the Board. Be responsible for general admin, (but not full back office work), promotion, marketing, National Alpaca Show, education events, developing existing and new connections and optimising revenues. In addition to this the Society expects you to advance the knowledge of UK Alpaca genetics, exploit existing revenue and help in the development of new income streams for this farming sector.
This is an exciting opportunity to be autonomous in the development of an exciting and rapidly developing Society operating in this niche farming sector. It is a home based role with some regular UK travel to events and meetings.
- Day to day management of the society
- Devising and delivery of society strategy
- Devise and Deliver marketing and promotion activity
- Organise and deliver the National Alpaca Show
- Organise numerous education events
- Manage the out sourced services of finance administration and bloodstock registration
- Strengthen and build communication with industry stake holders and government
- Great organiser and facilitator
- Good knowledge and understanding of the UK livestock sector
- Good knowledge and understanding of marketing techniques
- Ability to accurately manage administration activity
- Able to communicate well with a wide range of people in the industry
- Have strong networks of contacts within the UK livestock sector
- Strong commercial ability coupled with sound technical knowledge of livestock breeding and farming
- Candidate personality
- Self-motivated and driven
- Well organised
- Out going
- Good communicator
- Good IT skills
This role comes with an attractive and competitive salary. The society will help in the set up and running of a home office and will pay travel and expenses.
Interested to know more about this excellent opportunity? Please e-mail your enquiry or CV to email@example.com or call Stuart Goodinson on 01885 483440 for more information. Thank you.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. Any details you provide will be securely retained and will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice. Registered with the Information Commissioners Office the company complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act
This job has now closed