Graduate Plant Breeder- East of England - LH232
The plant breeding industry is innovative and dynamic, as part of an industry shaping company you will be at the forefront of the latest developments. A training opportunity like this is rare on the current market, for the right person this could be the start a successful career.
If you have a thirst for knowledge and strive to be at the forefront of innovation in breeding and genetics this company can provide unrivalled career opportunities. Ideally you would be someone with a trials background and relevant degree level knowledge of plant breeding.
As an Oilseed Rape Breeder, you will:
- Be responsible for the selection process to include sowing preparation, scoring, data collection and analysis as well as final selection decisions.
- Taking part in UK and International research projects.
- Working closely with the Crop Research Head to develop the breeding strategy.
What do I need to apply?
- Ideally, a degree at BSc level or above in Plant breeding and genetics or similar. Applications from an agricultural degree background with a strong genetics understanding would be of particular interest.
- Experience in a breeding programme would be beneficial but is not essential.
- An understanding of plant breeding, genetics, agronomy and the seed industry.
- Experience in using data management and analysis software.
- Team management skills prior experience would be advantageous but is not essential.
Package: Competitive salary, profit share scheme and extensive benefits.
Please call Lauren Holloway on 01885 485527 or email an up to date copy of your CV (In Word Format) to email@example.com
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application.
More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation
This job has now closed