Plant Breeder- Oilseed Rape East of England - LH222
I am looking for someone with a passion for plant breeding and innovation to take up a rare vacancy within the well-known business. You will be directly responsible for the implementation and development of the oil seed rape breeding programme.
If you have a thirst for knowledge and strive to be at the forefront of innovation in breeding and genetics this company can provide unrivalled career opportunities.
As an Oilseed Rape Breeder, you will:
- Be responsible for the selection process to include: sowing preparation, scoring, data collection and analysis as well as final selection decisions.
- Taking part in UK and International research projects.
- Working closely with the Crop Research Head to develop the breeding strategy.
What do I need to apply?
- Ideally, a degree at MSc level or above in Plant breeding and genetics or similar. The perfect candidate would also hold a PhD.
- Experience in a breeding programme would be beneficial.
- Excellent understanding of plant breeding, genetics, agronomy and the seed industry.
- Experience in using data management and analysis software.
- Team management skills.
Package: Competitive salary, profit share scheme and extensive benefits.
Please call Lauren Holloway on 01885 485527 or email an up to date copy of your CV (In Word Format) to email@example.com
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application.
More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation