General Manager - West Midlands - L233
De Lacy Executive is looking to recruit a progressive and forward-thinking individual for a General Manager position within a successful produce company in the West Midlands. Reporting to the Board of Directors, this is a rare opportunity to join a well-established company responsible for the storage, packing and marketing of fruit to supermarket customers, members and contract growers. The successful candidate will have previous experience of managing people within a packing/production environment and a track record of implementing change.
- Accountable for day-to-day factory/packhouse/cold store site operations and sustaining precision within a varied workload.
- To source additional produce from new members and growers.
- To ensure efficient and cost-effective running of the production process within the Packhouse.
- Effectively organise and manage resources and people, maintaining adequate cover to meet operational demands.
- Training of staff and managers to ensure maximum ability and performance.
- Providing a leadership support function to teams and motivating staff to achieve production goals.
- Experience in a similar business - fresh produce would be preferred however someone with similar experience in a packhouse/operations environment would be considered.
- Proven ability to develop, lead and motivate teams.
- Commercially astute.
- Ability to solve problems and identify risk with a vision to maximise improvements.
- Proven ability to cope under pressure and meet operational deadlines.
- Ability to motivate and work effectively and collaboratively with others and independently without supervision.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop effective relationships.
- Experience of working within a continuous improvement environment.
- A full UK driving licence.
- IT literate.
Salary: A competitive salary is offered depending on experience.
Interested? For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Laura Edwards on: Mobile: 07506297071, DDI: 01885 485529 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.