Commercial Manager, Animal Feed - Scotland - L114
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Manager with a national company in the animal feed sector trading direct to farm in Scotland. The current Commercial Manager has moved within the business. This is a senior role, with an office in the west of Scotland reporting to the National General Manager and has direct responsibility for:
- Product Managers
- Office based sales specialist
- Field based sales specialist
- Customer support team
- Working in association colleagues to review the wholesale and retail sales model in Scotland, and how best to deploy resources to maximise growth whilst remaining cost efficient.
- Adopt and deploy the company's customer and product segmentation strategy.
- Manage resources to achieve financial and volume objectives.
- Regional budget.
- Ensure the targeting and retention of new and existing accounts.
- To provide hands on product management cover as required.
- To maintain and grow own customer base in line with business objectives
- Maintain and share a current knowledge of the ruminant industry and relevant activities within the Region.
- Manage regional adherence to trading controls in line with Procurement working practices.
- Manage sales and purchase contracts with integrity to meet the needs of customers and suppliers.
- Develop, coach and train the Commercial team and promote succession.
- Contribute to a successful plan for product movement throughout the region.
- Create and sustain a culture which seeks to work collaboratively with colleagues on other departments.
- Protect and Enhance the Reputation of the company.
- Be Customer Focused.
- Able to drive performance
- Able to Build pride and passion.
- Able to Grow Talent and
- Able to perform tasks and make key decisions whilst ensuring Excellence at Speed.
- Promote the work as a team ethic.
- Able to manage and influence direct and indirect reports.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to effectively build relationships with internal colleagues and external influencers.
- Can be trusted to work in a confidential business arena.
- At least three years practical commercial experience with a demonstrable track record of achieving targets.
- Analytical with strong commercial awareness.
- Good organisational skills.
- In depth understanding of the fundamental drivers of the UK ruminant industries.
- Numerate with the ability to interpret performance data.
- A strong desire to succeed and an absolute "can do" attitude.
- Ability to build and motivate teams of commercial professionals.
Remuneration. A comprehensive remuneration package will be offered reflecting the importance of the role.
Interested? Please e-mail your enquiry or CV to email@example.com or phone Laura Edwards on 01885 485 529 / 07506 297 071 for a completely confidential discussion or for more information. All contact is confidential and none of your details will be passed to an employer without your prior approval. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description. De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office, complying with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
This job has now closed