Dairy Manager - South West Scotland - JR169
De Lacy Executive are currently seeking an experienced Dairy Manager to run a large milking herd located in South West Scotland. Managing a team, the successful candidate will be an organised individual, passionate about high standards and good stockmanship.
The farm is operating a sophisticated pastoral system out of two rotary milking parlours. The dairy is a highly specialist spring block calving operation with an excellent reputation throughout Scotland.
The business is interested in candidates who are adaptable and experienced in people management. This role is open to candidates from New Zealand and Holland with significant dairy experience.
- Day to day Herd management across two sites.
- Ensure all kit and equipment is maintained to a high standard.
- Manage health and safety protocols on farm.
- Ensure excellent hygiene practices are applied at all time.
- Support and assist the grass land management team to ensure grass land policy is maintained; also, engage with the grazing system and maintain an open dialogue in regard to grazing decisions.
- Manage and calibrate meal feeders and co-ordinate meal delivery to ensure a consistent supply and/or that over/under-feeding does not occur.
- Manage and maintain overall animal welfare to required standards including herd health, lameness and fertility; milk cows at both sites fortnightly to assess health and well-being of the herd; also, record and maintain farm medicine records and medicine protocols.
- Previous Dairy management experience.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- IT skills in dairy farm software and Excel.
- Good communication skills.
- Previous people management experience.
- ATV, Foot trimming, AI would be beneficial.
- A full UK driving licence.
- A competitive package including accommodation is available for the right candidate.
Jane Righton: DD: 01885 485522, Mobile: 07875197231 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.
This job has now closed