Technical Sales & Business Development Manager: Biological Products for Agriculture (UK Based with International Travel) - JN178
Whilst chemical products remain widely used in modern agriculture, there is a clear shift towards more sustainable alternatives – biologicals are at the core of this change.
Take on a pivotal role straddling the commercial and technical functions within a trusted manufacturer and distributor of biological products for agriculture. The product range includes silage additives, slurry treatments and folia sprays.
This is an opportunity to expand the company's global footprint with a particular focus on Europe initially.
New business development will be key. You will implement business strategy and deliver technically sound advice to colleagues and customers alike. You'll lead on market analysis and knowledge transfer, both internally and throughout the industry.
The role will be UK based with a need to be on site in the Midlands from time to time. Frequent global travel will be necessary.
• Develop and deliver sales plans to optimise product sales
• Develop economic and sales rationale that resonates with customers.
• Develop leads and schedule meetings with prospects.
• Proactively obtain knowledge of the market, company and competitor products.
• Demonstrate products and services to meet customer requirements.
• Build and promote strong, long lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
• Answer questions from clients in timely and professional manner.
• Analyse and create plans for engaging the target market.
• Undertake business planning and meet sales quota/targets during a given period.
• Set up booths at trade shows and demonstrates the quality or uses of a product.
• Substantial knowledge of silage and forage preservation products and techniques
• Background in agriculture
• Degree in a related field
• Ability to communicate technical information at farm, commercial and board level
• Competitive base salary + bonus and company vehicle
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Jon Handley on: Office 01885 485522 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
De Lacy Executive Recruitment will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.