Blend Development Manager - Ruminant Feed: Northern England (Homebased) - JN169
You're an accomplished ruminant feed salesperson with a sound technical understanding and an established ledger to show for it. If you're also seeking the opportunity to take the next step in your career, this role may be the right fit.
You'll join a company embracing change and will benefit from the opportunity that comes alongside this.
This is a chance to hit the ground running as the technical authority for the entire regional commercial team, as well as for other professionals across the business.
Being from a ruminant sales background, you will be well versed in how to achieve agreed budgets and margins in addition to advising on pricing strategy. You will take the lead on devising the business plan in partnership with technical and commercial colleagues.
Equally, the role will enable you to get out on farm regularly and stay in face-to-face contact with your customers. You should anticipate being on the road across northern England approximately two days per week accompanying Account Managers on farm or on site in the feed mill.
Purpose of the role:
• To work closely with Account Managers / Sales Managers in optimising blend sales across the area.
• To be able to formulate blends and pricing accordingly
• Liaise with The Technical Team to ensure the product portfolio is maximised and differentiated in the marketplace where possible.
• Liaise closely with The Blends Manager to ensure the company’s raw material risk strategy and policy is implemented and all sales contracts area covered.
• Create a business plan which will deliver the budgeted volumes by working closely with The Blend Team and Sales Managers.
• To contribute towards performance management of Account Managers.
• Provide information on the sales area, campaigns and markets to your line manager and the sales teams.
• Implement the company’s Health and Safety and Environmental policy
What you will have:
• A recognised professional qualification in a related field (e.g. FAR)
• Proven background in the animal feed sector
• Ability to build relationships with customers
• Clear commercial acumen
• Technical proficiency
• IT / Excel knowledge
What you can expect:
• Competitive salary package to reflect your skills and experience + annual bonus + vehicle
• Private medical insurance
• Excellent pension provision including enhanced benefits after 12 months
• 27 days of annual leave + Bank Holidays
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Jon Handley on: Office 01885 485522 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
De Lacy Executive Recruitment will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.