As an experienced vineyard manager, play a key role as part of a leading producer of classic English wines as they continue to disrupt domestic and international markets. If you already share our client's vision for a future of sustainable winemaking, we'll be interested to hear from you.
Our client holds a clear vision to establish themselves as a global leader in organic wine production. Above all else, their passion is for creating wine of the highest quality.
As Vineyard Manager, you will manage the planning, setup and maintenance of the vineyard's operations.
You will work alongside the Conservation Manager to ensure that the business remains at the pinnacle of sustainable wine production while utilising the latest technology to optimise yields and ensure the brand competes on price.
What the role will involve:
- Maintain grape production data, crop estimates and vine maintenance
- Develop grape supply strategy
- Ensure optimum quality and grape variety characteristics
- Work in partnership with growers, winemakers and consultants to achieve high grape supply
- Select and manage seasonal labour
- Manage and organise harvest
- Ensure compliance to regulatory standards
- Establish and implement vineyard procedures, training and safety initiatives
- Degree in viticulture or equivalent preferred
- Experience of management within a vineyard operation
- Strong organisational and logistical skills
- People management and good interpersonal skills
- Organic farming experience is desirable
- Commercial acumen
What you will receive:
- Competitive salary package + bonus scheme
- Robust training and professional development opportunities
- Being part of a growing business disrupting the UK market
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata)
- Generous staff discount
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Jon Handley on: Office 01885 485522 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
De Lacy Executive Recruitment will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.