National Operations Manager - Sustainable Agriculture (Hybrid Working) - JN150
If you're a seasoned Agronomist or perhaps an experienced FACTS-qualified professional from another background, you'll be passionate about delivering on UK agriculture's commitments to sustainable environmental management. This opportunity will leave you well placed to make an impact.
In this role, you'll work for a leading, organic by-product recovery specialist in the UK.
With a customer base almost entirely comprised of UK livestock and arable farmers, you'll possess a strong agricultural understanding, especially around land spreading activities. You'll also have the ability to build relationships, trust and credibility on farm.
You will provide commercial and agronomic oversight to a talented and growing Operations Team across the UK. The role will also draw upon your leadership skillset in developing your team.
This is a hybrid role and will involve covering the UK in full. Weekly nights away will be necessary and 20-25,000 miles per year on the road is anticipated. You will have complete autonomy to manage your diary accordingly.
What the role involves:
- Drive the development of existing operations
- Provide team leadership and mentoring of Operations Team (currently 7-8, and growing)
- Drive company culture of professional development and collaboration, instilling best practice
- Take budgetary control and report on financials to board level
- Oversee applications for and effective management of Environment Agency permissions
- Support Operations Team in the field across the UK
- Management of mobile treatment plant
- Attend internal meetings and external conferences
- Interact positively with customers and support Ops Team in business development
- Ensure full compliance to all regulatory requirements
- Assist in pricing strategy
- FACTS, WAMITAB or a degree in a related field is required
- Experience of recycling by-products will be a significant advantage
- Previous experience of operations management in a related field is preferrable
- Sound understanding of agricultural activities in the UK, particularly around land spreading practices
- Readiness to travel nationally on a weekly basis
- Strong leadership credentials
- Good relationship builder
- IT competence
- Generous salary to match your skills and experience
- Bonus scheme (discretionary and achievable)
- Company vehicle
- Healthcare provision
- Mobile phone & laptop
- 25 days of annual leave + bank holidays
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Jon Handley on: 01885 485522 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Sorry, this jobs is now closed.