Arable Consultant (Cotswolds/Home Counties) - JN010
Are you looking to use your passion for arable farming to get a foothold in a prestigious, market leading company? Maybe you're seeking to develop new skills and experiences to ignite your career in agronomy?
As the Arable Consultant, you will be one of the key people in the farmers technical advice support team. You will be gathering information and data, processing it with one of the most sophisticated technical systems out there and helping to deliver accurate and impactful recommendations back to the farmer.
If you love and know about farming, in particular arable, if you are a graduate looking to get on to a great career ladder, if you have done practical farming and now want to move into the technical commercial arena then you should seriously consider this role.
You will be working with a great team based at their HQ in southern England. They are part of one of the largest and best known arable businesses in the UK. They are the UK market leading precision crop production service provider, offering expert advice, services and support to growers to improve the economic, agronomic and environmental performance of their farm business.
On a day to day basis you will;
- Communicate with customers to gather key information for the processing of their fertiliser recommendations
- Respond to, monitor and resolve customer and sales team enquiries via telephone and email
- Confidently apply technical knowledge to support customers
- Precise processing of fertiliser recommendations using in-house, bespoke software
- Creation of variable rate GPS fertiliser spreading files
- Use of MS Office packages to manipulate and format data
- Troubleshoot problems with GPS fertiliser spreading files
- Maintain customer database and company CRM system
You will be;
- Demonstrate an ability to provide good customer service
- Ability to work on own initiative, making decisions, managing own workload and time, whilst developing effective and supportive relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Possess a confident and professional telephone manner
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Proven attention to detail
- Proven ability to solve problems
- A working knowledge of the use of fertilisers in arable farming with a practical knowledge of the use of RB209 would be desirable
- Ideally FACTS qualified although training can be provided
- Flexible approach to work and managing changing priorities
What will you receive?
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Plan of up to 7%
- Salary Exchange Benefits (Holiday Purchase, Cycle to Work)
- Employee Discounts Programme
- Life Assurance of 3x Salary
- 25 Days Holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme
Learning and Development Opportunities
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Jon Handley on: Office 01885 485522 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
This job has now closed