Farm Operations Manager – Veg – South West - JH349
Farm Manager looking for a step up in responsibility and magnitude? If you’re a great people manager, excellent at maintaining and improving production – and looking for a role with accommodation – read on.
Due to growth and reorganization within this impressive farming business, an Operations Manager is required to oversee the management of their root crop and flowers enterprises.
This impressive business farms over 1500ha including 800ha of combinable crops, 200ha of potatoes and 80ha of daffodil bulbs; mainly for the supply into manufacturing and food service wholesalers in the South West of the country. Daffodil flowers are sold into UK Supermarkets and also exported to Europe and bulbs exported internationally.
The successful person will work in a close knit team where communication between themselves, the MD, arable manager and in house agronomist are paramount; you will all support each other within this family business.
This is a role suitable for someone who has solid practical experience in veg production or other relevant experience with a strong ability to manage people, you will have a ‘hands on’ attitude and will have the ability to take a strategic approach when required and have the ability to ‘manage from a distance’.
Your week could look like:
• Plan the planting, cultivation, harvesting and storage of crops in conjunction with the MD and Agronomist
• Manage the day to day operations of a large staff of experienced colleagues, seasonal and casual workers
• Work with the arable manager to ensure that staff are deployed in an efficient manner and therefore maximising production
• Implement an agreed irrigation plan
• Have responsibility for meeting quality requirements through crop inspection and managing grading and storage
• Liaise with customers to ensure that their demands of product are met and to plan production appropriately
• Ensuring farm machinery is maintained and that all required records are kept up to date.
This role comes with a competitive salary, 3 bedroom modern house on the farm and farm vehicle.
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Jadine Huxtable on: 01885 485525 / 07506296301 or e-mail your CV (in word format) and covering letter to email@example.com , thank you.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.
Sorry, this jobs is now closed.