A prestigious, diversified Estate where cow welfare comes first, with an attractive 3-bedroom house on site, working for a well-established and financially secure business. This is a herd manager position that those with attention to detail and a passion for their career, will seek to find and secure.
This estate milks over 800 cows over several farms in the region,who rear their own replacements over 2700 acres. This herd manager opportunity has arisen on one of these farms where they milk 300 cows and oversee the youngstock enterprise. You will report directly to the Farms Manager and have responsibility of 3 full time staff plus relief workers.
This unit has undergone major investment over recent years including:
- fully refurbished GEA 24/24 computer-linked parlour
- new building (2018) housing the dairy, attractive office and staff facilities
- good handling facilities including auto shedding and auto fill footbath
- modern cow activity collars
- a network of grazing paddocks with cow tracks
- youngstock reared on adjoining farm with excellent housing and handling infrastructure.
You will be detail focused and a good people manager who has the highest standard of animal welfare; this herd are extended grazers so a knowledge of grass-based systems as well as the Keenan PACE feeding system would be an advantage, however I would be interested to speak with you if you are still to attain this experience.
Examples of your responsibilities:
- Responsibility for managing milking, herd health and record keeping
- Ensuring the herd stays compliant in meeting farm assurance standards
- Ensuring Health & Safety requirements are met and comply with our high standards
- Being confident in managing and motivating the farm team through good leadership and example-setting
- Maintaining high standards for yourself and for farm and the team
To Be Considered for the role in addition to the above you will:
- Have experience at a similar level or show ability to take the next step in your career
- Be competent in AI, foot trimming and operating farm vehicles (including telehandler)
- Be computer literate with a sound knowledge of herd computer-based herd records.
- Hold a full valid UK driving licence
An attractive salary plus beautiful modernised 3 bedroom farm house on site will be provided for the right candidate.
Interested To Learn More?
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Jadine Huxtable on: 01885 485525 / 07506296301 or e-mail your CV in word format and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.
Sorry, this jobs is now closed.