Assistant Mill Manager - South West/South - JH270
No more unsociable hours, a great basic salary, discretionary bonus and career progression opportunities - what's not to like? This is an opportunity for an aspirational assistant mill manager who has plans to make it to the top.
Based in the South West this is a specialised Mill where by products are produced across many different species sectors. Ideally you'll be well versed in working in this fast paced environment and will be an active communicator, able to calmly deal with problems/breakdowns, to multitask and ensure compliance with industry legislation and codes of practice.
Your Day to Day Role would include, but is not limited to:
- Maintaining mill hygiene, feed quality and environmental standards in accordance with UFAS, HACCP principles and company procedure on a daily basis.
- Contribute to strategy and business improvement.
- Ensuring that the achievement of product safety is always a priority.
- Assisting in completion of stock takes (raw and finished material) and investigate variances .
- Communicating and liaising with office staff (raw material buying, logistics and sales) to ensure stock control, forecasting and customer expectations are met.
- Adhering to all company and site health & safety regulations.
- Training & developing existing employees.
- Operating mill machinery and equipment (inc. bagging & packing systems).
- Following weighbridge procedures.
- Scheduling and monitoring the production process to ensure throughput and operating procedures.
- Identifying mill problems/issues as they arise and work with the maintenance contractors to ensure prompt resolution.
- Identifying and allocating tasks to staff when mill manger is away.
- Communicating with raw material buyer and HACCP/UFAS lead on raw material and finished product testing.
- Preferably 3 years' or more experience in feed mill management.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- A knowledge of animal feed and health related industries (i.e. pet, equine & agriculture) would be preferred
- The ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Demonstrate good organizational skills.
- A proven ability to plan and manage resources.
- IT Literate.
- Ideally - Forklift certification.
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Point) certification would be advantageous.
A competitive salary is on offer for the right candidate depending on previous experience plus discretionary bonus and private health care.
Please call Jadine Huxtable on 01885 485 525 or email: email@example.com
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application.
More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.