Manufacturing Planner and Buyer - Animal Health - East Midlands - JH199
My client manufactures over 1000 products, stocks over 15,000 SKUs of leading Animal Health and Equine brands and supplies over 2000 retailers and growing. They also export to over 40 countries with both own brand and contact manufacture products in the animal health, husbandry and care industry.
To be a successful manufacturing planner you need to be adaptable, fast thinking and have high attention to detail. No two days are the same and you will be used to working multiple projects at the same time whilst ensuring orderly and timely execution of your team's work. Heading up this side of the business, you will ensure that it runs at maximum efficiency and accuracy - you will enjoy going after KPI's and production targets and will be buying in raw materials at the best price you can whilst maximising the product quality.
This role is an important aspect of this business ensuring that customers receive the best quality products in a timely manner.
Your Day to Day:
- Creating a daily and weekly production plan for the manufacturing site - from production of products, to labels and filling of packaging.
- Ensuring that all raw materials and components and readily available at all times to fulfil production plan.
- Negotiating prices of raw materials and packaging to ensure efficiencies are met.
- Track progress of the plan and report any issues or delays to management.
- Overseeing the QA team associated with product development.
- Assisting in documents SOP's.
- Preferably Degree educated, however relevant industry experience will be considered.
- Experience of ERP systems in particular - Orderwise would be advantageous.
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple projects within tight timeframes.
- Work Independently as well as support team members.
- Working knowledge of UK Legislation such as NOPS etc would be advantageous.
To succeed in the selection process you will have at least 2 years working in Production Scheduling in Manufacturing environment and buying/sourcing materials. You'll need to be motivated, a team player and someone that thrives on pressure and has a positive upbeat attitude.
- Established, stable, financially secure business.
- Plenty of progression to be had.
- You will be listened to and have a free creative rein.
- You'll have support from colleagues and management for ideas and decisions.
- Flexible working conditions.
- Great company to have on your CV - a real eyebrow raiser.
This dynamic role comes with a competitive package that can be built around the correct candidate, there is substantial career progression to be had.
Need to know more?
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Jadine Huxtable on 01885 485525 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.