Health and Safety Manager -- UK - JH075
De Lacy Executive is looking to recruit a Health and Safety Manager for a leading livestock producer to cover the UK. Reporting to the Deputy CEO, the successful candidate will develop and lead a programme of continuous improvement for health, safety and environment standards, systems and procedures. Ensuring compliance with all legal obligations and playing a key role in delivering and maintaining a positive H+S culture throughout the company. Whilst a candidate with a poultry background is desired, this is not essential for this role.
- Liaise regularly with the Management Team to ensure a proactive approach is taken to H+S.
- Conduct necessary safety audits and reviews to ensure full legal compliance and implementation of all necessary H+S policies, procedures and equipment testing regimes across all farms.
- Develop and lead a programme of continuous improvement to safety standards, systems and procedures, ensuring legislative compliance and best practise within the poultry industry and across multi-disciplined teams.
- Act as a primary point of contact and communicate as appropriate with all regulatory authorities as appropriate.
- Advise management on a range of specialist areas, such as fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, air quality, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases as well as other areas.
- Build effective relationships with influencers across the whole business and raise the profile of H+S.
- Minimum NEBOSH Diploma/Certificate qualification.
- Thorough knowledge of health, safety and environment legislation.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Leadership skills.
- Due diligence and sense of responsibility.
The Benefits Package: A competitive and comprehensive salary package which will reflect the experience of the individual.
Are you interested?
At this initial stage, please email Jadine Huxtable your CV and covering letter (preferably in Word please) to email@example.com.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.
This job has now closed