Assistant Herd Manager - Diversified Estate - SW - JH074
De Lacy Executive has been retained to source an Assistant Herds Manager on a diversified estate in the South West. Reporting directly to the Farms Manager, the successful applicant will work towards having responsibility for the 170 cow autumn calving herd on a well-equipped unit, as well as 3 dedicated staff working to the highest standards of animal welfare.
A good understanding of a grazing-based system would be required and experience in PACE Keenan Feeding would be an advantage, the successful applicant will have a keen eye for detail and will have an interest in these areas. Whilst some milking will be required, this will be limited. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual to make their mark on this unit that is going under refurbishment this Spring.
This opportunity would be suitable for an individual at the beginning of their career looking for a solid future with professional development or for an individual looking to take their career to the next step and to be part of a hardworking, dedicated team.
- Have responsibility for milking, herd health, youngstock and record keeping
- Maintain high standards for themselves and for the farm team
- Maintain high standards of professional integrity and an ethical approach to business as part of the Company's Management Team
- Work with the team to support the Company's aim for high standards of Health and Safety for its employees, contractors and visitors
The Successful Candidate will:
- Have previous experience in Herd Management and the right personality to be able to eventually lead a team
- Be competent in AI, foot trimming and operating farm vehicles
- Be computer literate with a sound knowledge of herd computer based records; Interherd experience would be ideal but not necessarily required
- Work under the guidance of the existing herd manager managing and motivating the farm team through good leadership
- Hold a full valid UK Driving Licence
Remuneration: An attractive package is offered with an attractive house, located on the farm.
Interested? Please e-mail your enquiry or CV to email@example.com or call Jadine Huxtable on 01885 483440 for more information.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation
This job has now closed