Herd Manager - South West - HG031
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a hands-on team developing a fresh vision for the UK dairy industry?
You would have two assistant herd people reporting to you, and working as team, will be using the latest technology to optimise animal welfare and sustainable milk production.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated and experienced Dairy Manager to take the next step in their career.
- The day to day management of the herd, ensuring the efficient running of the dairy unit to meet physical, documentational and financial targets
- The all-round care of cow health, fertility, and management tasks, maintenance of the milking equipment, ensuring good cubicle hygiene and managing cow feeding indoor and grazing - all to maintain the highest standards of husbandry
- To continue and improve the highest standards of husbandry and management
- Ensure accurate records are maintained and utilised to drive performance with more informed decisions.
- Support the setup and monitoring of on-farm trials which range from feeding and product trials, to implementing novel technologies
- Several years of proven experience within UK dairy farm management with a passion for the industry.
- An agricultural qualification e.g. Degree/ HND
- A strong interest and high level of aptitude in the use technologies and data
- Excellent communication, attention to deal & organisational skills, with a willingness to support the development of others within the team
- Ideally have certificates of competence in DIY AI, foot-trimming and telehandler operator (training can be provided).
- Full UK driving license.
Remuneration: A competitive salary is offered with housing allowance. The company also has a pension scheme available, and offers both a childcare voucher scheme and cycle scheme
Interested to know more about this excellent opportunity? Please call Hannah Graham on 01885 485528/01885 483440 or email your CV or enquiry to Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you. De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation
This job has now closed