Chief Officer/Breed Secretary, Beef Shorthorn Cattle Society - National - G500
We are looking for a leader and innovative, skilled manager to take the BSCS to a new and exciting level by becoming their Chief Officer/Breed Secretary.
This is the opportunity for you to lead from the front, make the most of your passion for agriculture, maximise your commercial skills, and be a key player of an organisation moving forward. You should be excited that this is a critical and evolving period for British agriculture and the beef supply chain.
This new role will provide leadership for the BSCS management and development for the Beef Shorthorn brand. To be successful in this role, you will need to relish its demanding responsibilities and have a flexible attitude to how you work in order to deliver results.
You will not only have the opportunity to make a rewarding career move but you will also have a high profile and be able to grow a significant influence in the UK agricultural industry.
Do you have the qualities to manage and develop one of the UK`s foremost Cattle Societies?
The successful appointee will have a wide business skillset with industry sector credibility and be able to evidence professional competence at a senior business level within UK agriculture. You will also be a clear and affective communicator who can network with a wide range of audiences.
- High level of leadership, organisational and planning skills.
- Commercial and financially astute.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the UK livestock sector.
- Numerate and IT literate.
- Be highly flexible and personable.
- Understanding of and ablity to operate effectively within the governance and legal requirements under Scottish Charity Law.
- Understanding of UK animal welfare and other legislative requirements for the Beef and livestock sector.
- Good knowledge and understanding of marketing techniques.
- Ability to accurately manage administration activity.
- Able to communicate well with a wide range of people in the industry.
- The ability to build strong relationships through all aspects of the Society.
- Influencer and negotiator.
- Full, clean and valid UK driving license, with the ability to travel throughout the UK and occasional overseas travel.
The role will be based at the BSCS offices, Stoneleigh Park, Kenilworth, Warwickshire - a leadership presence will be required on site. However, there will be flexibility to working from home and from field-based sites. This is a full-time role with additional evenings/weekends required for sales and marketing activities.
Potential candidates should not have a direct or indirect material conflict of interest (specifically, a commercial or professional conflict or either be a member of BSCS or have family members that are BSCS members) and will be solely employed by the Beef Shorthorn Cattle Society Ltd.
Additionally, all applications and interest must only be directed to De Lacy Executive.
Remuneration: This pivotal role comes with an attractive and competitive salary.
Interested to know more about this excellent opportunity?
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Grace Nugent on: Office 01885 483440, DDI 01885 485521, Mobile 07436808024 or e-mail your CV and covering letter (preferably in Word please) to email@example.com Thank you.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application.
More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation