Health & Safety Officer - Hertfordshire - AP068
De Lacy Executive are seeking a Health and Safety Officer for a diverse Agri-Business operating across a range of sectors including Farming, Groundworks, Construction and Haulage.
This progressive family operation is looking for a practical, hands on health and safety specialist to manage the health and safety practices across all areas of the company.
This opportunity will require the successful candidate to work both on site and from the offices to identify, co-ordinate and implement improvements in Safety, whilst working closely and effectively with operatives and managers.
- Attend farms, workshops and construction sites to ensure procedures are being adhered to, whilst suggesting improvements.
- Work closely with HR and other office staff to ensure all employees have the relevant and valid H&S training.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation.
- Ensure all paperwork is in place and being maintained for specific construction projects.
- Create Safe Working practices and Risk Assessments where required.
- Working with the contracts manager and buyer to compile the operations manual on completion of a contract.
- Preferably have practical on site experience prior to a career in H&S.
- Ideally have a background in agriculture or construction.
- At least 1 years' experience within a relevant Health & Safety role is essential.
- Hold a NEBOSH General Certificate as minimum and preferably a IEMA Certificate or equivalent.
- Basic IT skills essential.
- Effective communication and relationship building skills are vital.
- Candidates with relevant experience, from backgrounds that may differ from Safety disciplines, will also be considered.
Remuneration: A competitive salary will be available for the right candidate.
Interested? For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Annie Pushman on: Office 01885 483440, DDI 01885 485528 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.