Business & Operations Manager - East Midlands - A885
De Lacy Executive's client is a leading grower of cultivated turf, servicing landscape, golf and sports customers throughout the UK and Europe. A senior management position has arisen for a dynamic and highly motivated Business & Operations Manager to join their team.
The successful candidate will have proven man management experience and possess the commercial acumen required to take over and develop the business side of the organisation. Ideal applicants will come from an agricultural or amenity background. A strong knowledge of land and agricultural methods is essential to enable you to understand and oversee the production and operations function within the business.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity which will offer the right candidate long term career
progression into a potential director role.
As the Business and Operations Manager, you will report directly to the Managing Director and will have the following key responsibilities:
- Oversee all business management and operations
- Overall responsibility for all departments and their respective managers including farm/production, wildflower/specialist turf, technical, workshop, harvest, and sales/logistics
- Oversee administration of all business and operations matters including BPS, FBT etc
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing and new stakeholders, including employees, customers, landowners, suppliers, and contractors
- Oversee all aspects of the companies HR matters
- Oversee and ensure compliance relating to Health and Safety, Planning legislation, Cross compliance, and Environment
- Management of crop stock levels and planning/budgeting, both physically and financially
- Overall responsibility for the continuing profitability of the business
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject, ie. Rural Enterprise and Land Management, Business Administration etc
- Proven man management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong relationship builder
- Commercially and financially astute
- Excellent problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Full UK driving licence
A significant negotiable package will be on offer to reflect the seniority and importance of this position
To apply for this new career opportunity:
Please email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call:
Amanda Latham on DDI 01885 485524 or Mobile 07730 218934
Please be assured that all calls are treated in complete confidence
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.