Design Engineer/Junior Design Engineer - Agricultural Machinery - The Midlands - A864
De Lacy Executive's client is a well established and progressive agricultural machinery manufacturer and dealer, with over 35 years' industry experience. Due to continued growth and development, we seek an enthusiastic and passionate Design Engineer to join their friendly team based in the West Midlands.
The successful candidate will work closely with the engineering team on new product design and continuous development, piece part and assembly drawings, documentation and legislation. Under the leadership of the Principle Engineer, you will help with design projects to complement the expanding product portfolio.
We are keen to hear from experienced Design Engineers but equally, this role may suit someone in the earlier stages of their design career who possess an interest in Agricultural Machinery.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Assuming responsibility for the design and development of new products suitable for the no-till arable sector
- In field trial, testing and demonstration of parts and products
- Working closely with the manufacturing and production engineering departments to improve and streamline process' and cost reduction initiatives
- Prepare full manufacturing and assembly drawings and assist with setting up new products on MRP database
- Create and develop new working relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors
- Arrange and order part deliveries and call offs
- Possess an in depth knowledge of CAD software, ideally SolidWorks
- Educated to HND or above in Agricultural, Mechanical or Design Engineering
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills, including Windows based software
- Confident and self-motivated with a willingness to learn
- Have the ability to work independently with limited supervision to strict deadlines and with an exceptional attention to detail
- Be willing to be flexible and adaptable to suit workloads and demands
- "Can do" attitude
- Knowledge of the agricultural industry will be an advantage, but is not essential
An attractive remuneration package is on offer. This will include a competitive basic salary plus commission based bonuses, dependent on experience
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call:
Stuart Goodinson on 01885 483440
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.