Business Development Manager/Trainee - Home-based - South Wales - A841
An exciting new career opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, Business Development Manager within the livestock sector. You will be required to develop and drive the sales of our clients product portfolio, direct to farm.
You must enjoy spending time in the field, both on farm and at shows & events and have the ability to understand customer problems and provide innovative solutions.
This role would also be suitable for someone wishing to progress their career from sales into business development.
The Role & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Sales Team and link this to the marketing plan to deliver the annual sales budget objectives
- Visit livestock markets and relevant events to build relationships with key customers
- Support shows and events around the UK as required
- Provide technical support for end users, internal and external customers
- Develop, build and maintain strong relationships with existing channel partners, influencers and customers, and seek to develop relationships with prospective customers and influencers
- Keep channel partners and customers informed of new products, promotional opportunities, and product supply status
- Assist in coordination of sales promotional programmes
- Ensure products are distributed, ranged and merchandised at shows and events to optimise profitable sales opportunities
- Provide training and support to existing and new channel partners
- Liaise with relevant company personnel to ensure new product and business growth opportunities are maximised
- Report monthly on sales performance and new product introductions
- Monitor competitor activity and report relevant information back to management
- Capture and report back user feedback for product/system improvements
- Proven experience in business development, sales or supplier relationship management role is essential
- A good knowledge of the UK livestock industry will be a distinct advantage
- Possess an understanding of sales processes
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Ability to develop relationships and influence decision makers
- Strong IT skills with the aptitude to learn new technology
- Full UK driving license
An attractive remuneration package will be on offer dependent on experience.
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call:
Amanda Latham on: Office 01885 483440, DDI 01885 485524 Mobile 07730 218934 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation