Quality Assurance Manager (12 months Maternity Cover) - Home-based - A824
De Lacy Executive seeks an experienced Quality Assurance professional to join a highly successful national company in the animal feed sector.
The successful candidate will understand the challenges of balancing customer requirements and business objectives, with the delivery of compliance, quality and feed safety.
You will be responsible for managing the quality assurance of products to customers, ensuring feed safety principles are upheld within the business. Working collaboratively across the wider QA team and other functions, ensuring the business and customers are confident in the quality and safety of the products supplied.
This is a home-based role but it will require regular travel to designated sites in the North of England and to the company HQ, with nights spent away from home.
- Ensure Operations, Customer Services and all Commercial departments understand what is required of them in respect of feed quality and feed safety
- Responsibility for operational quality on designated sites to ensure that actions in relation to compliance, assurance, product quality and feed safety are delivered
- Manage complaints through to resolution at aligned sites, supporting colleagues with root cause investigation and corrective actions
- Facilitate the production and use of reports, data and information internally
- Identify gaps in existing feed safety and quality management processes/procedures, supporting identification and resolution of Quality Learning Opportunities
- Deliver and support delivery of relevant feed safety and feed quality training at mill level
- Proven experience working in a commercial/quality assurance environment
- Understanding of feed milling operations and UFAS requirements
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence customers and colleagues to drive actions and resolutions
- Ability to translate and deliver quality and feed safety related information in a clear, understandable and engaging way
- An open minded, innovative, can-do attitude to problem solving
- Ability to challenge in a constructive way to achieve quality and feed safety focused outcomes
A highly competitive remuneration package will be on offer to the successful candidate
To apply for this new career opportunity:
Please e-mail your CV and covering letter to:
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call:
Amanda Latham on: Office 01885 483440, DDI 01885 485524 Mobile 07730 218934
Please be assured that all calls are treated in complete confidence
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.