Health, Safety and Compliance Manager - National Territory - JH078
De Lacy Executive is looking to recruit a Health and Safety Manager for a leading livestock producer to cover the UK. Reporting to the managemnt, the successful candidate will develop and lead a programme of continuous improvement for health, safety and environment standards, systems and procedures. Ensuring compliance with all legal obligations and playing a key role in delivering and maintaining a positive H+S culture throughout the company. Whilst a candidate with a poultry background is desired, this is not essential for this role.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead the development, implementation, evaluation and review of the company's health and safety policies and procedures.
- Work with both hatchery & farm managers to enable them to carry out their health and safety responsibilities and assist them to implement, review and maintain the company's policies and procedures.
- Review all accident reports and where necessary carry out accident investigations and prepare reports on corrective and preventative actions. Ensure external reporting is completed to the relevant authority.
- Plan, develop and where possible deliver health and safety training for employees, including induction training.
- Ensure all contractors have the necessary safety statements and meet the required safety standards.
- Develop SOP's with both hatchery & farm managers.
- Where necessary assist farm managers to prepare for audits.
- Ensure all relevant licences are up-to-date.
- Manage Farm Assurance and Environmental permit Audit Programs
- Coordinate internal Audits and maintain Compliance in all areas
- Review Company Policies to maintain compliance and keep up with any new guidelines that get brought out.
- Co-ordinate, initiate and plan compliance in all areas of auditing for new premises.
Experience / Qualifications & Skills
- The ideal candidate will preferably have experience in a similar environment but this is not essential.
- The ability to work well in a team as well as independently and be able to effectively prioritise your workload.
- Good administration skills with high levels of attention to detail
- The ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the company
- A clean current driving licence is essential as the position will require you to travel to sites across the country.
- NEBOSH certificate as a minimum qualification.
- Professional membership of IOSH
The Benefits Package: A competitive and comprehensive salary package which will reflect the experience of the individual.
Are you interested?
At this initial stage, please email Jadine Huxtable your CV and covering letter (preferably in Word please) to email@example.com.
De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission.
Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.
Contact our consultant:
- Jadine Huxtable
Office: 01885 483440