Blends Assistant - North Yorkshire - Graduate development - JH017
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Blends Assistant to work as part of the blends team. The main objective is to support the blends team in the delivery of an efficient formulation, pricing and administration service to sales team and customers to achieve the overall volume and financial objectives for blends and compounds.
This is a development role opportunity within the business with future potential to develop into a Blends Manager on gaining the necessary skills and knowledge for which training will be provided.
The employer is a national company in the animal feed sector trading direct to farm.
- Telephone and email communication with the sales team regarding customer quotation requests, trading slips and orders
- Process physical and electronic trading slips
- Updating of pricing tools.
- Ensure that the sales team is kept informed of price changes
- Carry out blends formulation changes, process through to manufacture and ensure that formulations are kept up to date on Format, AX and Datastor computer systems
- To support social media based marketing and other marketing and sales campaigns
- Any other duties considered appropriate for the role.
- Educated to first degree level and with science based A levels / GSCEs
- Excellent interpersonal skills enabling effective and pro-active communication with the internal stakeholders and customers as relevant. The ability to communicate at all levels.
- Good organisational skills and numerate with the ability to interpret performance data. High accuracy and attention to detail
- Confidently It literate - training will be provided for company software packages.
- An understanding of how ruminants are rationed on farm and where blends fit within the whole diet.
- Knowledge of UK Agriculture and the general way of life on a commercial ruminant farm
Remuneration A competitive remuneration package will be offered for this entry level opportunity.
The Next Step:
Please call for more information about this exciting role. Jadine Huxtable on 01885 483440. Alternatively please e-mail your enquiry or CV (in Word or RTF format please, not PDF) to email@example.com Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence.
De Lacy Executive, established in 2000, is the recruitment specialist in the Agri-Business and Land-based Business Sectors. Experienced practical and allied trade agriculturalists have developed a recruitment practice based on high ethical standards. Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which oversees recruitment practice. Registered and complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
Contact our consultant:
- Jadine Huxtable