Chief Executive - The Hereford Cattle Society. - J566
Are you able to lead the UK's fastest growing cattle breed?
The Hereford Cattle Society seeks a Chief Executive as a result of the forthcoming retirement of David Prothero. The attributes of the Hereford breed make it the natural choice of quality beef producers and have led to a remarkable growth in demand for Hereford cattle and Hereford branded beef. The successful candidate will build on the considerable success of recent years and will lead the breed to the next phase in its development.
- Contribute to developing and then delivering strategic plans.
- Manage administration, finance and personnel.
- Maintain the integrity of the Herd Book and evaluate new technologies which may benefit the Hereford breed.
- Deploy effective marketing and public relations.
- Manage relationships with key agri-food industry bodies.
- Represent the Society at key events.
- Credibility as an ambassador to the agricultural and food industry.
- Senior business management experience.
- Builder of business relationships, influencer and negotiator.
- Planner, people manager and leader.
- Numerate, IT literate and commercially astute.
- Flexible to work extra hours as required for this full time role.
- Committed to the Society's medium and long term goals.
The Society and its employees are based at the Hereford offices surrounded by unspoilt rural Herefordshire. Living within daily commuting distance is desirable.
To avoid conflicts of interest business or personal involvement in trading cattle or cattle related products is not permissible without the consent of the Council.
Remuneration. A competitive remuneration package is offered for this pivotal role.
Interested to learn more? Please call, for a confidential discussion, John Davies at De Lacy Executive on 07980 859953 (8am-8pm)/01885 485523 or e-mail your application/enquiry to email@example.com.
Initial short list interviews will be held on 16th March and the final interviews on Thursday 30th March 2017.
Contact our consultants:
- John Davies
Telephone: 01885 485523
Office: 01885 483440
Mobile: 07980 859953